Let’s start a conversation… Action Day
On 21 September, the International Day of Peace, the No Hate Speech Movement calls for positive dialogue with Muslims in Europe. In the frame of an Action Day, the Movement calls for a dialogue that can decrease stereotyping and judgement, and strengthen counter and alternative narratives that debunk hate speech.
Objectives of the Action Day
- to raise awareness about the impact, the risks and potential consequences of hate speech targeting Muslims in Europe and beyond,
- to share information that can deconstruct and debunk existing stereotypes and prejudices in relation to the reality regarding Muslim people in Europe and beyond,
- to promote counter and alternative narratives that challenge hate speech targeting Muslim people,
- to advocate for dialogue among people of different faiths, beliefs and religion with special focus on Muslim people, and
- to share good examples and practices of understanding, recognition and cooperation among different faiths and non-religious groups.
Click here for ideas for offline actions and activities that can be organised with and for young people on the occasion of the International Day of Peace on 21 September 2017.
Click here for ideas for online actions to counter hate speech targeting Muslim people on 21 September 2017.
ERYICA encourages all its members and stakeholders to organise activities and share them through the Campaign Blog.