Learn about the Essentials of Youth Policy - Online course
The partnership between the European Commission and the Council of Europe in the field of youth is organising an online training course for a duration of 6 weeks (4 hours per week), aiming to equip learners with the basic competences to engage in youth policy. The course will take place from 30 October until 11 December 2017.
The course is open and free for anyone interested. Youth policy makers from different levels, youth workers and youth leaders, youth NGOs and youth researchers are particularly encouraged to join the course.
How can policies enable young people to be active citizens? How can they support young people to be included in society and to realise their potential and aspirations? Learners will learn about the essential elements of youth policy, the steps of youth policy (development, delivery, evaluation), its impact in the lives of young people, and they will reflect on their future steps in youth policy.
By the end of the course, learners will:
- Understand the “essentials” of youth policy (concepts and definitions, scope, objectives, actors, history, European and national levels).
- Become aware of the relevance of the key elements for youth policy (cross-sectoral, evidence-based, participation, inclusion, youth work).
- Understand how to build a framework for youth policy (identifying key issues, priority areas and themes).
- Understand the major steps for youth policy development, implementation and delivery, and evaluation.
- Reflect on the future of youth policy and their own future engagement in youth policy.
- Be ready to take steps for further involvement in youth policy.
Find out more here.