The General Assembly is the sovereign organ of the Agency. It is composed of the Members of the Agency and takes place in spring every year. The Governing Board convenes the Assembly and agrees on the agenda, which is sent to Members in advance. One representative per organisation (Member, Affiliated Organisation, Co-operating Organisation) is invited to participate at this event. Every third year there is a so-called big General Assembly (2013, 2016, 2019…) when up to 5 representatives per organisation can participate.
The General Assembly is an important occasion for all of our members to come together to see what has been happening throughout the year (at European, national and local level), to share best practices from their own organisations, to comment and plan on ERYICA’s work programme for the upcoming year, and to be involved in deciding possible initiatives and activities.
The operational processes of Eryica, its staff, governing board, and members, is laid out in the organisation's statutes. The statutes are agreed by the General Assembly, with the most recent statutes being adopted at the 26th meeting of the General Assembly, in Luxembourg, on the 18th April 2015.
Functions of the Governing Board and its Members
- The Governing Board prepares the sessions of the General Assembly and executes its decisions in concentration with the Director. It ensures that the decisions of the General Assembly, as well as the commitments and obligations incurred by the Agency, are respected.
- It also assists and supervises the various activities of the Agency and the implementation of the annual Work Programme, including the projects (initiated by members) that are selected as ERYICA’s ones.
- It monitors the day-to-day management of the Agency, and reports on that to the General Assembly. It arranges the representation of the Agency.
- It shall fulfil its functions in close collaboration with the Director.
- The Governing Board meets four times a year, of which one in correspondence with the General Assembly of the Agency.
The present composition of the ERYICA Governing Board, elected during the 27th General Assembly in Helsinki, Finland, is as follows. Hover over their photos below for further details.
Josep Moliné i Soler
Patrick J Burke